- Company formation
- Bookkeeping & accounting
- Personal finance
- Business support
CindeleLtd offers a comprehensive Company Secretarial service to ensure that you meet your statutory obligations. We can advise you of all the duties required of you under company law and assist you in performing these duties.
We can advise and assist with all the legal requirements under Company Law including:
- Company formations
- Registered Office information
- Annual Returns
- Company Register entries
- Changes and amendments for Directors and Company Secretary
- Preparation of dividend paperwork for shareholders
- Advising you on the appropriate legal procedures to change the officers of the company, changes in shareholdings, amendments to the accounting reference date, dividend declarations, etc
- Advising you of Director’s responsibilities
- Maintaining your statutory Minutes
- Maintaining your statutory Registers
- Attendance of Board and General Meetings and to advise you on procedural matters
- Filing all necessary accounts, forms, returns and resolutions on the public record at Company’s House
- Advising and assisting you with your tax affairs
When all your company secretarial duties are performed correctly, you can rest assured that you will be kept on the right side of the authorities and reduce unnecessary business and personal tax burdens.
Bookkeeping & accounting
Bookkeeping and accounts preparation are part of our day to day activities at Cindele Ltd. With the current regime of filing deadlines and penalties, timely service has become all the more important. We pride ourselves in getting our clients' accounts completed to the highest standard, on time and well before their filing deadline.
Some consider historical accounts as only useful for satisfying statutory obligations. We however believe that the way your company has performed in the past can be a vital tool in planning for the future and can be used to assess areas of a business that require more attention.
Using the latest computing systems we will prepare your accounts promptly and efficiently. We will then provide you with a clear explanation of your accounts and tax situation to ensure that you have a full understanding of the figures prepared for you.
Bookkeeping is an indispensable subset of accounting and refers mainly to the record-keeping aspects of accounting. Bookkeeping is essentially the accounting process of recording all the information regarding the transactions and financial activities of a business. What follows is a basic overview of what bookkeeping for a small business entails:
- Prepare source documents for all transactions, operations, and other events of the business.
- Determine and enter in source documents the financial effects of the transactions and other events of the business.
- Make original entries of financial effects into journals and accounts, with appropriate references to source documents.
- Perform end-of-period procedures.
- Compile the adjusted trial balance.
- Close the books.
The term accounting is much broader, going into the realm of designing the bookkeeping system, establishing controls to make sure the system is working well, and analysing and verifying the recorded information.
Accounting encompasses the problems in measuring the financial effects of economic activity. Furthermore, accounting includes the function of financial reporting of values and performance measures to those that need the information. Business managers, investors, and many others depend on financial reports for information about the performance and condition of the entity.
Accountants design the internal controls for the bookkeeping system, which serve to minimise errors in recording the large number of activities that an entity engages in over the period. The internal controls that accountants design are also relied on to detect and deter theft, embezzlement, fraud, and dishonest behavior of all kinds.
Accountants prepare reports based on the information accumulated by the bookkeeping process: financial statements, tax returns, and various confidential reports to managers. Measuring profit is a critical task that accountants perform —a task that depends on the accuracy of the information recorded by the bookkeeper. The accountant decides how to measure sales revenue and expenses to determine the profit or loss for the period.
The proprietor of any small business will tell you that life is simple until the day when you take on your first employee, for it is then that you find what "red-tape" really means. You become an unpaid tax collector and may even be fined for accidentally getting it wrong or sending forms in late. The penalties which can be charged for failing to properly apply the PAYE and NIC regulations are amongst the most stringent on the tax statute book. Failure to comply can ruin a business, and as always, ignorance of the law is no defence.
Actually, dealing with payroll should not be particularly difficult. The Inland Revenue provides each employer with comprehensive manuals, flowcharts, help-cards, tax tables, free pay tables, national insurance tables and a stack of forms ready for completion and submission.
The problem is that, quite rightly, most business people have neither the time nor the inclination to wade through all the paperwork given to them. Nor do they have the time to perform all the necessary calculations and complete all the legal forms simply to be able to pay the weekly or monthly wages.
Cindele Ltd will be pleased to relieve you of this burden and offers a complete and cost-effective payroll service. We will make all the calculations, complete all necessary forms and advise you of what to pay and when. You can get on with running your business in the knowledge that experienced professionals are making sure that the payroll is calculated properly and that your business complies with the law. We will deal with the Inland Revenue on your behalf and make sure that all forms are completed accurately and are submitted by the due date.
Our services in this area cover:
- Processing Payroll
- Bonus, commission and other additional pay schemes
- Maternity and Statutory Sick Pay
- Pension scheme adjustments
- Supply security payslips and advise on how much PAYE and NIC to pay the Inland Revenue
- Electronic payment of employees salaries if required
- Tax efficient remuneration planning
- Dealing with the Inland Revenue
- Advising you of the legal requirements for offering stakeholder pensions to your employees
- Preparing forms P45 when an employee leaves
- Preparation of year-end returns P35 and P60/P14’s, and filing with the Inland Revenue in advance of the statutory deadlines
- Performing PAYE/NIC reviews prior to a control visit
- Preparing forms P11d and calculating class 1a NIC liability
- Advising you in relation to the payroll implications of IR35
Value Added Tax is one of the most complex and onerous tax regimes imposed on business -so complex that many businesses inadvertently overpay or underpay VAT. Failure to submit VAT returns on time will incur a financial penalty which is calculated as a % of the total VAT payable; this % increases for each subsequent default.
The ever-widening scope of VAT, the constant stream of changes to regulations, the expansion of cross border and overseas trading and the ever-growing demands of HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) require a trained professional eye to ensure that you do not fall foul of the regulators and do not pay more than you need to.
We provide an efficient, cost effective VAT service, which includes:
- Assistance with VAT registration and de-registration
- Advice on VAT planning and administration
- Use of the most appropriate scheme
- VAT control and reconciliation
- Completing VAT returns
- Completing EC sales lists
- Online submissions
- Negotiating with HMRC regarding disputes, and representing you at VAT tribunals
We also provide a VAT health check service to review the VAT administration of our clients where the work has not been undertaken by Cindele Ltd.
Corporate tax services
Corporation tax represents a substantial part of a business' trading costs. In addition the increased reporting obligations, robust investigation policies on the part of the tax authorities and harsher penalties for non-compliance, mean that an undue amount ofa business' time and resources can be taken up in collecting revenue for the Government.
Every profitable business in the UK has to pay tax, but some small businesses pay more tax than is necessary. We will examine your company’s potential tax liabilities and prepare a plan to manage these in the most efficient way in order to avoid paying more tax than you need to.
Whether you are about to start a company or a seasoned business person, we can help you in many vital areas. For example, what business structure you should choose when starting out? Will you be a self-employed sole trader, a partnership or limited company? We will advise you on how to register your business and when to start paying tax.
We offer a range of services to help you minimise your corporate tax exposure and relieve you of the administrative burden of complying with tax legislation.
Our services in this area include:
- Determining the most tax effective structure for your business
- Taking full advantage of tax opportunities and reliefs
- Achieving the optimum capital/revenue tax treatment
- Reducing tax on disposals and maximising relief on acquisitions
- Making the most of tax opportunities specific to your industry
- Meeting the rigorous demands of compliance, including corporation tax and self assessment
- Acting on your behalf in discussions with the tax authorities
At Cindele Ltd we can efficiently and effectively deal with issues such as the day to day running of self-assessment, the differing treatment of income and expenses, claiming reliefs such as Research and Development tax credits and maximising capital allowance claims.
Careful planning can save you thousands of pounds in tax.At Cindele Ltd we continually look at ways to legitimately save you money and we undertake to carry out routine tax work on time, so that tax returns are prepared and filed before their due dates.Getting your tax right has never been more important; HMRC is cracking down more and more and as such penalties are increasing. We’ll make sure your tax affairs are legal and accurate, right down to the last detail.
The tax regime is becoming more complex with emphasis being put on taxpayers' individual responsibilities, so that everyone who is subject to taxation will need professional advice and support if they are to optimise their tax position and ensure they meet all the compliance requirements.
Every pound of income tax you save means more money in your pocket. A well executed plan for the disposal of assets means minimal loss of capital gains,and the greater the inheritance tax saving, the greater the benefit for your beneficiaries.
The way in which your personal and company affairs are structured can have a massive impact on the amount of tax you pay. We will develop a personalised tax planning strategy for you which will ensure that you pay the least possible amount of tax.
Self-assessment & Tax compliance
Since the introduction of self-assessment, a greater burden has been placed on individual taxpayers to keep their income tax affairs in good order. At Cindele Ltd we can advise on tax saving opportunities and ensure compliance matters are dealt with in a timely manner.
The constant stream of changes to tax legislation means that not only are returns becoming even more difficult to understand,but also that taxpayers risk incurring more penalties through failing to complete their returns on time or correctly.
Cindele Ltd can save you a lot of time, worry and money by handling your self-assessment return. We will calculate all the necessary computations, complete your return and even offer advice on how to minimise your tax liability.
Our annual service includes:
- Preparation of your self-assessment return based on the information provided
- Calculation of your resulting tax liability
- Reducing your payments on account as appropriate
- Obtaining and checking your tax refund (if applicable)
- Submission of the return to HMRC
- Checking and amending PAYE codes as appropriate
- Annual correspondence to include payment reminders and information chasers as appropriate
- Annual correspondence with HMRC and 3rd parties as required
- Advice on any applicable tax mitigation opportunities
We will act as your agent, dealing direct with HMRC on your behalf and should you be selected for a self assessment enquiry, act for you at any meetings.
Monitoring and controlling the financial performance of your company is really important and the provision of regular management information is vital to the continued success of your business. Unfortunately many companies fail because they have been slow to react to the changes that have occurred, since they tend to rely on historic annual accounts.
Our financial reviews provide a window into the health and performance of your business and give you an opportunity to react quickly to any changes that appear on the horizon.
At Cindele Ltd we are as passionate about growing your business into a success as you are and our support for you stretches far beyond the essential compliance services. We aim to be your business partners, working with you to ensure the best possible chance of success. We want to help improve your bottom line, not just tell you what it is!
Areas where we can assist you include:
- Business start-up planning and advice
- Raising business finance
- Strategic planning
- Financial management
- Financial information systems
- Computer systems advice
- Cash flow forecasting and management
- Efficient billing and cash collection
- Long term plans for your business and your exit
… and much more. Contact us for more information and advice.